Wednesday, June 22, 2011

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind: #36-40

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Sometimes.

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
No.  If I had a million dollars I'd pay off our student loans, credit cards, put some in savings for Ella's college, put some in savings for retirement, buy a home, and then give the rest to friends, family, and charity.  I would, at that point, have taken care of our needs, debt, and that of others.  I could work happily for the rest of my time knowing we were in the black, we had taken care of Ella, taken a huge leap at retirement planning, and helped people we could now continue to help by having disposable/savable/giveable income now that we were in the black.  *sigh*  A girl can dream.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work I love doing - hands down.  Work can come in so many forms and whether it's working with clients or working with my own family to get things done around the house, I'd rather have purposeful and enjoyable work to do than a lot of time on my hands.

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Sometimes but then I pick Ella up from daycare and it's anybody's guess and I love it!

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
I'm doing it now, baby!  I believe we have a role in God's world and in God's plan and I'm trying like hell to hear that role.  Craig and I are marching doggedly into uncertainty, all the while believing and hoping (and on bad days hoping with slivers of believing shining brightly) that we are where we are for a reason and for His purpose.  I am facing down an application for state assistance to help feed, medically insure, and care for my child so that we can scrape by.  If this isn't the darkness of the unknown, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment