Thursday, June 9, 2011

10 Kinds of Awesome

  1. Listening to my baby girl screech with laughter as she runs to the far side of the room, stops, smiles, bolts back, and jumps into my lap for tickles
  2. Smelling cool fresh air drifting in from the open window while lying in bed
  3. A new book from the library and a quiet hour or two in the evening to read
  4. Feeling totally badass leaving the gym before 7:30 in the morning after having an awesome hour plus work out with a friend
  5. Taking a few hours off work to go on a mini-date with the hubs
  6. The grateful pant of my dog after a walk or a trip to the dog park
  7. Counting down the days till a family vacay that should be full of laughter, good food, wine, and boundless attention and spoiling for Ella
  8. Shrugging off spiritual dead weight and preparing myself for new and changing experiences
  9. Watching my husband blow out a faux birthday candle while friends and friends of friends sang to him - ie the feeling of belonging
  10. Feeling my roots grow into a new are as I drive around freely, have favorite restaurants, parks, hang outs, and places that make me feel like home

No comments:

Post a Comment