Tuesday, February 8, 2011

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind: #16-20

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because we are not the Borg?  This seems a bit silly.  I'm not everyone and everyone is not me.  If we all liked the same things it would be interesting for about five minutes and then the world would become profoundly boring.

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What's holding you back? 
Travel to Ireland with my husband.  We are poor, unstable financially, and in the lucky possession of an adorable daughter who we really couldn't imagine a) leaving for two or three weeks and b) taking with us at her age on an international trip for two or three weeks.  Thus, we remain home for the time being, biding our time for a fantastic trip someday.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
It comes to my attention at surprising times that I am working my way toward letting go of some deep hurts from a high school/college friend and some people from my sorority.  I think I'm really only pinky-holding onto everything but I'm not completely over being angry or less-than-amused at several individuals who had more control over me emotionally than I care to admit and who were, in the case of high school friend, bossy, judgmental, and demeaning, and in the case of the others, careless and hurtful in one phenomenal stroke.  I'm working on forgiveness and I have done it for the most part but there are times memories of those experiences come back and more anger or disgust than I anticipate floods forth.  My emotions, like their creator, are a work in progress.


19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
The answer to this question really depends on the day.  Foreign country would absolutely have to be Britain.  I have often told my husband that if he were to ever find a job there, I'd sell or store all of our stuff and move in a heartbeat.  :)


Depending on my mood, I alternately think it would be lovely to be in California nearer to my family or in South Carolina nearer to my friends or Pittsburgh nearer to the other side of the family.  They are all so far away and different that it's really just wishing but there you have it.  If I could find a way to fold the country so that the two sides of the ocean were closer together, I would.

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Yep.  Nope.  Just for fun.  Who doesn't like pushing buttons?!



No comments:

Post a Comment