Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Facebook and Friends

In trying to keep up with this blog post a day thing, I was mulling over the topic of "friends" today at work (while hobbling around like a chicken with a hurt back and her head cut off - haha). Facebook, at least for me, has revolutionized the concept of friends. It's allowed me to stay in contact and relatively up to date with friends scattered to the four winds. I've lived in the Midwest, West, South, and Northwest. I feel like I've lived everywhere - at least for a little while.

With FB I'm able to send quick messages of encouragement and praise for their weddings, babies, losses, and achievements. It's pretty cool actually. I keep up on what's going on in the life of my oldest friend (her mother babysat me when we were both under the age of 1), share work gossip with my newest friend and current coworker, and share baby pictures and info with my extended family in the Midwest.

FB may be too pervasive and a bit invasive but it's a convenient, easy way for me to share a picture of my new glasses with grad school friends, wish my great aunt a happy birthday, and share some grandbaby info with my mother-in-law and father at the same time. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment