Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blog bloggity blog

In an effort to keep myself focused and a bit more aware of time and the like, I've signed myself up for NaBloPoMo, aka National Blog Posting Month! It's a take-off of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) that's widened from one month of hectic daily blogging to a year of hectic daily blogging.

I created a profile on there and hope it will keep me focused enough to try and blog a bit more often. The site is interested and once I make a full month of posts, I can enter myself into a prize raffle and/or a blog role should I choose. There are also monthly themes and posting ideas to help those of us with writer's block churn out postings. And thus, I am actually on this blog two days in a row. Craziness! :)

The theme for January is "BEST" which makes a lot of sense. People come into the new year with the mental image of a clean slate. Gyms fill with the fitness-hopeful, closets and pantries are cleaned out, lists are made and so on all in the hopes of bettering ourselves. My post from yesterday is just such an example. January is the universally accepted month for taking stock of one's life and attempting to tweak, stretch, and pull one's self into something better.

I've made my list, as yesterday's post proves, and now I'm working toward my goals. I sat down this evening and jotted notes to myself for tomorrow. A "to do" list, a "to call" list, a "to measure/to look up/to think about" and so on. I don't work tomorrow so I have a bit of time on my hands to be productive. I do have to take the cats to the vet (that should be an adventure) and I start a spiritual gifts class at church in the evening but I plan on spending the rest of my day on my "To..." lists.

Can you tell I'm big on lists?! They help me remain focused when my eye wanders ("Ooh - pretty! Shiny!") and they also help me visualize what I've completed. While not exactly a gold star, it works.

I plan to make January (and the rest of the year) a journey to my BEST through lists and constant stops to refocus and rethink. I sound a bit cheesy but the knowledge of having a little person entering this work in less than 3 months and depending solely on myself and my husband is amazingly transformative (for the better and maybe the cheesier, I think). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment