Sunday, November 8, 2009

Job!

I have a job! Woot! It's not much and it's retail but it's a job! :) I'll be a part time seasonal sales associate over the holidays. It'll help buy groceries and perhaps it will lead to a more permanent job but maybe not. Either way, it's a nice buffer and I'm looking forward to being among the living on a regular basis.

I had a meeting this morning that talked about their holiday sales strategies. It was all very new to me as I've never really worked retail before. The people seem friendly so that's a bonus. I go back on Tuesday morning for some training and more information. I'm hoping that the schedules work out so as not to interfere too much with my family visiting for each of the holidays.

Go me! I'm keeping my eyes out for a more permanent job closer to my field but I'm not discounting that I might enjoy my 25% discount on pretty, shiny things and getting paid to talk to people about said pretty, shiny things. Besides, we have a baby preparing to make an arrival sooner rather than later so that's the main focus right now.

That said, if anyone hears of any kind of historic preservation/museum work in the Seattle area please drop me a line! We desperately need dual incomes as we move into the parent/paying back debt phase of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment