Saturday, September 19, 2009

On the Move

The Falvo family is beginning its westward trek. Craig left this morning at 6am with two sedated cats. They're bound for the St. Louis, Mo area tonight and should arrive by 5pm-ish Central. He'll have 3 more legs of the trip before getting into the Seattle area on Tuesday. I promised I wouldn't cry until after he was gone and I kept that promise. No tears until he pulled away. :) It made it just a little worse that it started sprinkling as he left - very fitting and slightly depressing.

Brigid and I are hanging out right now in a messy, mostly packed apartment. It needs to be cleaned, culled, and then packed. Luckily, Craig's mom and aunt came down last weekend and helped us pack up 99% of the apartment. It's just odds and ends at this point. I'm sure it will go quickly in the next day or so. The movers will be here bright and early Monday morning.

I'll be so happy when this whole ordeal is over. It'll be nice to be in a new place - the whole family back together. I leave in 30 days with my brother on our cross-country drive and I'm kind of looking forward to it. :) 34 days until I can see Craig again. Not that I'm counting or anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment