Saturday, May 28, 2011

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind: #26-30

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Gah!  That's really hard.  I think I would rather lose all of my memories and have the ability to look forward to making new connections rather than be forced to continually look backward.

27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Whose truth?  What truth?  This is an incredibly vague question.  I'm not entirely sure how to answer it.  I'm not inherently a rebellious/aggressive person.  I didn't go through a time of testing limits to understand why they were there so I guess my answer would be yes, it is possible

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Well, I'm not dead yet, so that's a plus.  hehe  Seriously,  I think my worst fear is losing those close to me suddenly and so far, I've been very blessed.

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?
Five years ago my friendship with someone from high school was starting to deteriorate.  It was actually four years ago that I was extremely upset.  The friendship finally fell to pieces amidst wedding planning and we didn't speak for two years.  Even now, things are cordial but not much more.  I'm not upset anymore and it really worked out for the best.  The

30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?
My favorite childhood memories are trips and vacations with my parents and brother.  We've always had fun trips - laughter, sight-seeing, neat hotels, or just spending time with relatives in Indiana.  Love it!  Of those, I think our cross country drive from California to Washington, DC and back was the best.  We got to visit the Hermitage, Monticello, several of the Smithsonian museums, and Colonial Williamsburg.  We stayed in strange motels, played car games, and ate at neat restaurants.  I will always remember driving late into the night with my dad at the wheel, my mom next to him, and my brother asleep in the back seat of the mini van when "Hooked on a Feeling" came on the radio.  My mom grabbed this little faux Nickelodeon microphone that had come in a happy meal earlier that day and she and my father belted that song out, slime and orange colored microphone waving back and forth between them.  It was just a perfect moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment