Thursday, May 5, 2011

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind: #21-25

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Lately?  Joyful and simple.  However, that's just in response to all the worry and frustration that's been around lately.  I think over the grand course of my life, I'd rather be aware of what was going because, I would think, that you could then make the choice to change your situation or your mindset while as a simpleton...you're pretty much stuck.

22. Why are you, you?
Genetics, environment, Gifts from God, luck, twists of fate?  A mix of everything that I started with and everything I've encountered since then.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I have always tried to treat people as I would like to be treated though I am sure there are times I have failed.  As I have aged and gained experience and perspective I think I have become much better at understanding situations and treating people respectfully and supportively. 

I had a friend in the past who was hellbent on being right, being smartest, being the most competent and in her quest for this validation, treated me really poorly - alternating between condescention and disgust at times.  She was always trying to prove she was the better of the two of us and yet was so jealously possessive of me it often left me confused.  Was I the silly person who didn't know things or was I a friend too precious to share with others? 

My experience with her has made me hyper-sensitive to accepting others where they are and befriending them for who they are and not for who they could be or how my friendship with them makes me look/feel.  Friends come in all shapes/sizes/sexual orientations/religions/economic statuses and they're all okay so long as they're as accepting of you as you are of them.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
I don't know - for some reason, I'm always the one moving away.  I guess the former because I honestly cannot think of a time that the latter has happened.  I guess I haven't stayed in one place long enough to lose touch with anyone and still live near them.

25. What are you most grateful for?
My family.  My husband is my best friend.  My baby makes me smile when I'm having a rotten day.  My brother is teh awesome.  My parents are so much fun to be around.  My in-laws are wonderful and supportive.  My friends near and far whom I count as sisters and brothers through experience and memories make me feel truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment