Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Relaxation in strange places

If I am good to my body and my mind, I get up at least 3-4 days a week and go to the gym before work.  I never thought I would be one of those early morning gym rats.  I thought I would loath showering and getting ready in a gym locker room.

I was wrong.

I LOVE getting ready at the gym.  There's no waiting for shower space, no jostling for mirror/counter space, no juggling dog and baby to make sure everyone is changed, walked, fed, and set while my hair dries strangely on my head.  I get ready in record time in relative silence.  Occasional footsteps, showers, and locker noises provide a nice buffer to the outside world.  I don't feel rushed and I'm always on time or early to work on days I go to the gym.

The downside to all of this is small but there.  It's so hard sometimes to get out of bed at 4:50 or 5am.  I miss seeing my baby girl in the morning but I pick her up from daycare and get to spend more time in the evening with her. 

This is a relatively pointless post but I was thinking in the shower on Monday that I am such a happier, more put-together person on days I can haul my butt out of bed and get to the gym.  Teh awesome.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment