Friday, February 4, 2011

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind: #11-15

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
I claim her for a friend and stand up for her against their unjustified criticism.  I've had to do it before and I'd do it again. 

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
You start out life not caring what others think of you, your likes/dislikes, and the people you love.  Somewhere after that you start caring and it's a long road to figuring out that life is much better and much happier if you're not worried about what your friend/classmate/significant other feels about your outfits or favorite band or whatever.  Remember that it's good to be unique - life is a lot more fun that way.

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
What law and what kind of saving?  Murder so they don't lose their job - probably not.  Stealing so they aren't themselves murdered - probably so.  But then the question is stealing what and from who?  I will move heaven and earth to protect my family from predators and to ensure my child can grow up healthy and happy but I think there are moral factors at play with my statement.  *pause*  I don't know that I really answered that question but I think it's really more of a discussion over good wine than it is a singular answerable question in a blog.

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Perhaps not clearly in my own life but don't we all see it when we look at the paintings of Van Gogh or read the poetry of Sylvia Plath?  I'm sure I could think of times where I got elbows deep into a story, a home reorganization, or a photography project and thought "Okay, I've officially gone off the deep end" but later realized I wasn't as off-point as I thought I was.

15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
Hmm...I love reading magazines back to front - starting with the fluffly end piece and working my way to the fluffy beginning pieces.  I don't know why I do it but I do.  I also make Beef Stroganoff with those crunchy noodles you get at Chinese restaurants instead of egg noodles.  However, that's a family thing so that can't be TOO different.  hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment