Friday, August 13, 2010

Meandering Thoughts

Today is Friday. Today is warm and sunny outside. Today the office is nearly empty with few employees and no client visits thus it is cleaning day/jeans day.



Today I want to be outside sitting on a blanket in the grass playing with my daughter, talking with my husband and therefore far away from my piles of paper and random work notes. I'm not upset that I'm here amid files and sticky notes and paperclips. I'm just having a bit of trouble reigning my thoughts in for the day. I start thinking, "Okay, what do I have to do next with this file?" and end up thinking, "I wonder how much a gym membership is...hmm, would I have time time to go? Is something close to the apartment? I have to get a better sports bra. I'd really like to go shopping. Ooh, a brown skirt. I need a brown skirt. I don't own many neutral colors. I wonder if my Mom would want to go shopping with me when I'm down in November. Hmm, visiting the parents in November...I need to work out more. I wonder how much a gym membership is... " and on and on down the circuitous rabbit hole that is my mind until I've found myself reading Wikipedia articles ranging from the WWII defeat of the British at Dunkirk to sorority histories while pulling up fall recipes online that sound yummy even when it's too hot to heat up the stove. :)

It's a wonder I get anything done on days like today. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment