Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Little Piggy went wii, wii, wii all the way home!

I’m the pig and it’s really more like “Wii. *groan* Wii. *groan*” but in a good way. I’m finally back working out after a month lapse and a gain of all the weight I’d lost before Easter. Le sigh.

Craig spent some of his graduation money on the new fitness game for the Wii – EA Sports Active. I can only speak from two days of experience but I have to say, “Love!”

Santa brought Craig a Wii two years ago and he brought Craig a Wii Fit last year. Santa’s awesome like that. The Wii Fit was a big hit in our household – still is. Yeah, yeah – it may not be so great for those of you who are already in shape but for those of us rather spherical people, it is teh awesome. It gets us up off our butts and makes moving around fun. I heart the boxing but then again I also love doing tae-bo-esque workouts because they make me feel badass. It’s the little things, right?

We used the Wii Fit pretty regularly up till May. The craziness of graduation was upon is at that time and our dedication was lost in lunches and dinners with friends before we all scatter to the four winds. I would weigh myself in the morning on the Wii Fit - nothing like starting your day naked in your living room on a plastic rectangle. Hehe The Wii Fit does not create the highest intensity you could hope for in a workout so I would usually pair a bit of a workout – ie a long walk with the dog or a jog/walk with the dog – with the boxing and balance games from Wii Fit. You can’t string exercises together to make a routine in Wii Fit so you’re always clicking in and clicking out of different things.

EA Sports Active is a bit more detailed than Wii Fit. You can do a 30 day challenge where you go through different routines every day. You can make your own routines by stringing different exercises together. You get trophies and medals for completing different things. You have a daily journal to monitor your exercise and your adherence to healthier eating – ie water, veggies, etc. It monitors your calories and your time and sets goals for you. Pretty nifty!

I did my first day of the 30 Day Challenge yesterday. I picked medium intensity. We worked out 25 minutes or so and I can feel it today!. Urgh. It’s great! I had fun and it was fast-paced enough to keep moving the whole time and feel like I was actually going through a routine with a trainer.

Again, I preface this whole thing by saying that I am out of shape. I don’t know how great this would be if you were in top peak form but really, if you’re in top peak form, why are you working out in front of the tv!? If it didn’t kill my knees, I’d be out jogging every day in the fresh air. Hehe

Overall, I say go me for starting the challenge! I’ll keep posting as to how it’s going.   

No comments:

Post a Comment