Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's tough to read the tea leaves when they keep shifting

Some days I try to read the cosmic signs just in case I'm being told to crawl back under the covers because the day's going to be a wash.  Today I had some rather conflicting signs.

Sign #1 - I woke up groggy but well-rested.  There was no dog standing on my ovary or cat in my face breathing little clog-nosed breaths trying to get some morning love.  Excellent!

Sign #2 - A small palmetto bug (cockroach to any of you not from 'round these here parts) fell from the fan vent in the bathroom onto my naked shoulder as I was climbing into the shower.  Gah!  I thank my lucky stars it wasn't very big but STILL!  Bad!

Sign #3 - I decided to make scrambled eggs this morning and they didn't stick to the pan and burn like they usually do when I use this particular pan.  Excellent!

Sign #4 - Facebook refuses to sign me in for my morning fix.  Whatever will I do.  Bad!

So yeah - it's not even 8am and I'm feeling someone's are trying to tell me something but they keep changing their mind.  Stay in bed!  Get up and embrace the world!  Crawl back under the sheets!  Get ready for a great day!  :)

I'll just keep plugging away and hope that a) I find milk at work so I can have some English Breakfast with my eggs and b) I don't spill it down my front while attempting to enjoy said tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment